[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/prime_links.php on line 68: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/prime_links.php on line 69: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
BMW E36 Forum • balast resistor | BMW E36 Forum
Page 1 of 1

balast resistor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:46 pm
by nick
hi there, ere i got a prob with my balast resistor, it bypasses speed 1 2 and 3 but blows on 4, i went to a bmw dealer to find out where it is situated and was told under the passenger kickside, so i dropped the cover and could i find the bloody thing, i,m not into taking it into the garage, i,ve spent fortunes on the thing, and thought it about time i had a go at some of the things myself, just not sure where it is, has anybody come across this problem, if so where is it...chow for now, nick

Re: balast resistor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:27 pm
by Mike318
Nick:

Your calling it a balast resistor, is this for the A/C fan? Can it also be called a final resistor?
Try this site http://bmwcca.org/forum/showthread.p...stage+resistor or search the web, I have seen a resistor replacement for the fan motor complete with pics. happy hunting.

Mike

Re: balast resistor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:02 am
by mitchellpk123
The ballast resistor tends to maintain a constant current flowing through it, despite variations in applied voltage or changes in the rest of the circuit. See also Resistor.It is a mechanism placed in series with a HeNe gas laser anode. The unit works to promote a stable electrical discharge and to prevent the laser from oscillating.