Page 1 of 1

Signal light problem

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:30 am
by gingkoi
hi

i am e36 m52b28 user.i have a problem with my signal light.It seems that my right signal light may sometimes do not light out as i push right signal knob (or whatever it is called to make right turn).

But it can sometimes light out when I turn on or off my alarm system.

so it means my signal light bulb is okay.

I have checked its fuse inside the fuse box, but nothing seems weird.

does this mean i am having problem with electrical (wiring) or mechanical (knob) parts?

Re: Signal light problem

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:50 pm
by 96_323
Thats gonna be your electrical circuit and its all gonna depend on what alarm your using and how it was wired up.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:47 am
by Sanjay
Hi 96_323. I have a similar problem to gingkoi but only on the left side and it affects the left side, side light as well. Any idea where I can get a electrical circuit diagram for 1996 E36?Thanks. Sanjay.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:12 pm
by 96_323
Actually the more i think of it, its quite possible that its the indicator stalk at fault here and not electrical circuit. Peugeot 206 had a recall on them a year after they were released for a similar problem and it was the indicator stalk that was replaced on all of them, to be honest its very hard to diagnose the problem without looking at it!

Sanjay, is it that none of your left hand turn signals work?
If you send me a P.M. with your email address ill forward on the electrical diagram to you, that goes to everyone here aswel. Just P.M. me your email address and ill send it to anyone. Its a 15mb file so don't know if i could upload it to the site.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:43 am
by Sanjay
Thanks for the info 96_323. That correlates with what the auto-electrician said when I dropped off the car this morning. Yes, I chickened out and Left the problem with him.
This problerm affected the left-hand side turn signal(front and back). The turn signal would work then stop after a while and start working again after an hour or so.
Something else boggles me. The side lights(front and back) also stopped working on the left side. The left turn signal lights work even when the left side-lights are not.
I could not imagine what happened there and that is why I asked for an circuit diagram.
Thanks once more for your advice. Have a great day.